Gatto's blood work was all negative, so the vet suggested some x-rays, in case she has a tumor or something else that is not yet palpable. But after I described the way Gatto had yesterday reacted to her food, taking a slurp then quickly backing away from the dish, it was decided that the next area of investigation should be her gum inflammation and ulcers.
She got penicillin and a long-lasting steroid . The vet also gave her 100ml of water, by subcutaneous injection, to address her dehydration for now. We are to watch her and report in on Tuesday afternoon.
Later this morning, Shadow appeared on the front porch. He entered about halfway into his now less spacious box, but apparently found it not to his liking. I pulled out the quilt and replaced it with an old wool sweater.
Also visiting this morning were the as yet unnamed black cat and our next door neighbor's newest addition, Booger. Although he is already well named by his eleven year old owner, in any discussion I usually append the words "the cat who bit me "
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment